I am an example

         There are plenty of opportunities in life to be a good role model for others, it is about recognizing these moments and seizing them.  Sometimes, we can become a good example just from practicing daily acts of kindness.  It may be a requirement with a number attached to it, but it is an opportunity for us to better ourselves, and if we're lucky, make a positive example for others to follow. 

          Of course there are other ways to be a good example for others. Best ways are always through our actions as opposed to our words.  It is easy enough to say something, than it is to do it.  Aside from performing acts of kindness for others, I try to lead by example by being a hard worker, by genuinely listening to others, by being an effective communicator, by investing in my own health through my diet and working out, by always putting in maximum effort at the gym, in Kung Fu, and in my work.  The list goes on.  Basically, I try to be a good example by trying to better myself every day.  Some days are better than others.  Some days I fail spectacularly.  Those are the days where I lose patience, am depressed, or even stuck in a rut.  However, I have far more better days than I do bad days.  The days that are bad, I still try to put my best foot forward so that I am still that good example for others, if if I don't feel like I am.

        I like to think I am a good example in the Kwoon, but I am also sure there is room for improvement there too.  My mindset whenever I am there is to check myself at the door, be respectful of others, and to give it my all every time I'm on the mats.  Checking myself at the door is all about leaving my baggage from the day/week outside of the Kwoon and having a positive attitude when I'm there.  Being respectful of others should be self-explanatory.  Giving it my all doesn't mean excelling at everything, it just means me giving my full effort, even if it means failing every time.  Not being afraid to fail I guess is a better way of putting it.

        Am I an example, that is always going to be for others to judge.  It can also be that I am the example one person needs in their life, and for someone else I am not.  That can also change day to day, week to week; either way I'm going to try my best to be a positive example and hopefully not a bad one.       

Comments

Popular Posts