More than writers block

         I've been thinking a lot about one of my personal requirements for the year, writing more of my novel.  For a while I got stuck in this never ending editing cycle where I was basically only rereading the first few chapters and making changes to only those chapters and not ever writing anything new.  It got to the point where I just left it.  My feelings about it have been what's the point?  Other thoughts I have are: it's never going to be good enough; I've lost all my momentum; nothing ever is going to come of this; etc..

        This has been weighing on my mind to the point of frustration.  I'm not even sure how to pick up the pieces on this.  My writing is so organic, diving back in is a lot harder than it should be.  Also very dependent on my headspace.  I go with the flow of how I am feeling; and that's part of the problem.  I'm in a different headspace now than I was when I first started writing.  I know the general direction I want the story to go, and how I want to end it, but the rest is stuck in limbo.  I know part of this can be fixed if I just sit down and write.  Same as training, just need to do it.  I just need to generate momentum again and get the creative juices flowing.

Comments

Popular Posts