Training Updates


         Another month has passed, which means we are another month closer to the end of our short lived summer.  It has been a very busy few months, but August should be a bit better for routine.  The last couple of months I have been reevaluating my training and emphasizing my recovery time.  I have been experiencing more inflammation and aches of pains; but because I am trying to be more proactive, and actually taking more time to recover, I am starting to feel better.

        Last week I went away on vacation to Kelowna.  It was hot, but a fantastic trip.  Not entirely restful, because it was a busy trip full of activities.  Having said that, I managed to get a couple of days where I did some training, but my focus was on rest and recovery, so I don't feel guilty about not training more.  I am looking forward to getting back to the Kwoon this week though.  I've missed my instructors and classmates.

        Here are where my numbers are at after the month of July.  They are down because I took a week off of training at the start and end of the month, which again, were much needed.

Km Ran/Walked- 1861 km

AOK- 1183

Push-ups/Sit-ups- 30,300

Lao Gar- 474

Weapon (Dual Karambit)- 474

Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups- 1185

Sparring- 1096 mins.

Blogging✔

I am Project ✔

Mastery- still not consistent at reading through this

Writing- still stuck in the editing phase 😓

        Overall, I'm still really happy with the way this year has been.  Still have half a year to go, and I've definitely had some ups and downs, but each time I have adjusted, and I'm still coming out ahead.  At least I think I am....

P.s photo is from Kasugai Japanese Garden in Kelowna

Comments

Popular Posts