Lightbulb moment


         I had a lightbulb moment recently.  Thanks to Sifu Rybak's lessons on where we direct our energy and, the real piece for me, was Monday's class talking about the cat stance after the horse stance near the end of Lao Gar 3.  Talking about energy and flow in this context helped me put the pieces together when looking at board breaking and creating combinations that flow.

         As long as my intent is to direct my energy forward, I can create flow between my techniques, whether or not there are spins, or straight direct lines.  It is making me think about which techniques I'd like to string together for my board breaks going forward, which ones will work well, where there is a natural/obvious flow, and which I can string together that will still flow, even though it may not be all that obvious.

Comments

Popular Posts