TEAM


    
    I've been thinking since our Thursday night's meeting, the reason why we call ourselves a team.  A lot of what we do is not team based.  I'm responsible for my push-ups and sit-ups, my form reps, my acts of kindness, my blogging, my personal goals, etc..  No one else is going to do those numbers for me.  A lot of what I set out to accomplish, or don't accomplish, is also up to me and the amount of effort I put into it.  

         From an outside perspective, a lot of what I do on the IHC is done alone, so what is the point of having a team when a lot of the work is done solo?  Accountability for starters.  Having a team of people along with me on my journey helps to keep me accountable, whether I'm sharing that journey or not.  Engagement.  By coming to class to work on forms, and through reading others' blogs, I am kept engaged with the journey, even though it is personal to me.  Support.  I have a team that plays many roles: teachers, cheerleaders, counselors, teammate.  Community.  Being apart of a group of like-minded individuals who are all striving towards the path of Mastery, help me achieve it as well.  

        We are who we surround ourselves with.  So even though the goals I'm setting out to reach are different than others; even though a lot of the work I have to do, I have to do on my own; even though this is my personal journey; I have a team behind me to cheer me on through my successes, but also reach out like a safety net when I'm in need of help.

        I am grateful for the TEAM that I have.

Comments

  1. That's one of the things that I keep telling people about being on the IHC team, where else can you be surrounded by that many people who are all working at being better versions of themselves, actively working towards mastery?
    ~ Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts