Listen all y’all, it’s a sabotage

         The way I tend to self sabotage myself the most, is in thinking “I have time”.  Those dishes that need cleaning, I have time, I can do them later.  Form reps? I have time, they can wait. That blog I’ve got to write?  I have time, I’ll get to it before bed.  Funny thing is that that time you thought you had can disappear pretty quickly and today can easily become tomorrow, or the next day, next week, or never.

         It comes down to what is a priority?  What are my main priorities today?  What priorities can I be flexible on, and which can I not?  Along with this is the discipline; and discipline comes with doing.  Dishes need cleaning, best I do them right away.  Form reps, takes me only a few minutes to get a few reps in.  That blog, I make the time to write it on the day it’s due, regardless if I have a coherent idea of what to write about.  Most of the time I just start writing and see what comes out.  I just have to make the choice to make these things a priority, otherwise that time that I think I have, it’s gone before I know it and I’m no further ahead.

          My self sabotage is simply in not doing.  Sure I have reasons. I’m tired because the baby kept me up all night and I worked all day.  I deserve to rest.  A friend I haven’t seen in a while invited me out for dinner and a movie.  I really want to just sit and catch up on my shows.  These things are also important, and I should make time for such things also.  These things can sometimes be fluid too, but in the end it’s about what my priorities are and having the scone to do them regardless of what’s going on in my life.

Comments

  1. Understanding why we procrastinate and put things off can help us identify the underlying issue. It’s that underline issue or issues that can determine with how we set our priorities, so it’s important to know what’s going on beneath the surface.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts