Adjusting
Cillian will be 11 weeks already come Saturday. We’re adjusting to our new routines and sleep schedules. Last night we actually got a 6 hr stretch of sleep. Most nights we’re lucky to get 4; but some nights he is still up every couple of hours. So the 6 was nice. For all the lack of sleep, fussy periods, and wailing, it’s been worth every second. It’s a blessing to see all the little and big changes- dude is over 15 lbs already! I’m still working on balancing out my own schedule with work, training, and finding times to do things I enjoy/need to support my mental health.
My training is looking really different these days and I’m okay with that. I’m slowly building strength in my knee, but I still don’t trust it fully. That will take time. I recognize the impact it has on my physical skills. I’m realizing I will have to relearn certain foundational things like my stances and kicks. I can once again lower my centre of gravity to where it was before for most things, some things still not. Mentally I’ve been feeling a bit drained, and I’ve noticed I’m definitely on edge. Think the lack of sleep has been catching up to me and impacting my mood. Hard to get quality training in when you’re not mentally steady.
This Saturday I’m going to spend time with Sara and Cillian. Hopefully sleep in a little first and then take them to the farmers market in St. Albert. This mean I will not be in attendance to the meeting, but I think I could use the mental break, extra sleep, and family time.
Comments
Post a Comment