Summer of Firsts

         It's turning out to be a Summer of firsts for me.  Tomorrow morning I embark on an adventure to Waterton National Park to hike Crypt Lake.  I've never been there, and hear the views are absolutely breathtaking.  

        The following weekend I'm heading down to Red Deer to compete in my first Spartan race.  I'm doing the 10k super, which has 25 obstacles on the route.  The Spartan Race is something I've always wanted to try, and by chance an opportunity opened up for me to participate this year.

        I'm looking forward to sharing these experiences with the team.  Funny thing is I haven't really directly trained for either of these events.  I haven't done a lot of hiking in the past, nor have I trained for an obstacle race.  I also haven't done a lot of running as of late.  Despite this, I'm not worried, because I know my training in the gym and at the Kwoon are going to help carry me through these events.  Through my workouts and forms training, I know I have the stamina and physical capability.


Numbers:

Km's- 1778 km's

AOK's- 619

PU/SU's- 25,164

DMH- 367

Monk Spade- 379

Sparring- 507 mins.

Comments

  1. Good luck in your race!! And I want to hear about any cool animals you see on your hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Be safe, and have fun! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts