I am Spiritual

        When I first joined SRKF, I never thought that it would tie into my spiritual journey.  The more I practice, the more intwined with my spiritual journey it becomes.  

        I've been on my spiritual journey for some time now.  My major catalyst was back in 2009 when I began my studies in acupuncture.  The variety of people I met helped broaden my horizons.  I went through a time of rapid expansion.  It was turbulent, especially the first couple of years, filled with a lot of life changes like losing a group of friends, and spending a lot of time by myself, figuring out who I was.  I came out ahead in 2012.  In this time I saw a variety of healers: reiki practitioners, shamans, and other spiritual teachers.  I got certified in my Reiki levels 1 & 2, and was learning to trust my intuition more.

        Fast forward to 2015 when I had my health scare.  I took another deep dive into the spiritual realm as I was healing.  Joined SRKF either late 2016, or early 2017.  During this time I had major anxiety, and learned some valuable lessons from it.  This episode deepened my understanding of what anxiety is like, and made me more compassionate and empathetic to others who are going through something similar.  Overall, it made me a better healer.

        That brings me to today.  Already this year has been a year of growth, and in particular, working on parts of my past that caused a lot of trauma.  Reasoning behind this, is not wanting to get triggered and become reactive from something that reminds me of a time that has past.  In the healing world this is called “Shadow work”.  Understanding that this work is important, and that not everything can be “Good vibes” all the time.  

         So how does my training fit into all of this?  A big part of it is mastery.  As I continue to work on my skills as a martial artist, I also continue to work on myself as a person, understanding that these two aspects are one.  For me it ties into Wude, our martial mentality, and how working on growing and becoming a kinder more compassionate individual can help the greater whole.  When talking about generational trauma, and breaking that cycle, I’m healing myself, past and future generations as well.  In turn this makes me a better martial artist, because by better knowing myself, the clearer my intent is, and its relation to my spirit.


 Numbers:

Km's- 1865

AOK's- 641

PU/SU- 25,764

DMH- 381

Monk Spade- 387

Sparring- 517 mins.

Comments

Popular Posts