Kind of frustrated with myself

         So I've honestly been a bit frustrated/disappointed in myself lately, although not to the degree I would usually get down on myself.  I've been forgetting little things in my form when performing them.  Which, I know my forms, if I take a second I do remember the rest of the form; however, I have clearly been lacking on giving all of my forms the attention they need/deserve, and thus I'm making small errors here and there.

        I know that with training things tend to fall off the wagon when our focus is elsewhere, and we tend to pick up those pieces again later.  Instead of beating myself up over it, I'm just going to train and mindfully start adding in these forms into my week more often, instead of solely focusing on my personal forms (which is more or less what I've been doing the last while).  Since doing both of these forms the past week, I've ironed out the 1 area in each form where I had a little glitch and am back to where I was.  Good reminder that even though we know the form, that we still need to keep up with them or stuff can fall off fast.

Comments

  1. ^^ditto don’t focus so much on the sequence, if you are just running through the patterns of these forms that have “fallen off the wagon” just for the sake of remembering them you’re not really training, it’s always more important to focus on how you’re doing a form rather than what you’re doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts