Almost final number update for year of the rabbit


         Year of the Rabbit is swiftly hopping to an end, and it has been another year filled with challenges, learning opportunities, and, of course, growth.  Here are where my numbers sit as we approach the end of the Rabbit year, and prepare to enter the year of the Dragon.


Km's- 3,813 Km's ran/walked

AOK's- 1,583

PU's/SU's- 57,310

Lung 1- 768

Creative Stick- 787

Sparring- 890 minutes

        All-in-all a successful year.  Had some good insights and aha moments, but a lot of it was just steady, incremental growth.  One of the most important lessons I took away this year was in regards to my personal requirements, and why I succeed at some, but fail horribly at others.  It came down to what is really going to serve me, things that give me more of a purpose.  For me this year it is focusing on some aspects of my business, and my relationships.

        On another note, I had a brain glitch last night where I got stuck on a section in Lao Gar 3.  A section I have worked on A LOT, and yet, I just couldn't figure it out.  It was the tiger claws after the sequence of catching and throwing the ball.  The more I thought about it, the more I couldn't remember what I was supposed to be doing.  Have you ever thought about something way too hard and it makes trying to remember it worse?  The first time something like that happened to me was remembering a password at work.  Thought about it way too hard to the point my manager was going to have to reset my password.  Then a customer came up, and my muscle memory kicked in and typed the correct password.  That's basically what I had to do last night, take a step back, not think about it, and just let muscle memory kick in again.  I knew the sequence well enough, but in that moment it was gone.  A sign to work on it some more.

Comments

Popular Posts