First week and a bit

         It's been a strong start to the Year of the Dragon, not only for my base numbers, but for my personal goals.  

        First off, in creating time for my partner and I to reconnect.  We have struggled in the past because our schedules are so different, that we usually only see each other in the morning and last thing at night.  So far, we've had 2 date nights, one of those is our new monthly double date night with our dear friends.  We also find time for mini-dates, which look like taking 30 minutes in our day to grab a coffee and sit down and chat.

        My informative posts are on their way.  I have one lined up on Levator Scapulae Syndrome and how to combat/prevent it.  The other post I have lined up is on shoulder girdle exercises that can be beneficial.

        The monk spade has been really fun to pick-up and swing around.  I feel a much stronger connection to this weapon than I did my stick form.  However, I am taking the lessons I've learned from stick and transferring it over.   I've already started piecing together my beta form.

        On another note, I have been playing around with creating my 5 techniques, even though I'm not grading anytime soon.  I have about 4 techniques that I'm playing with, one of those which I believe is solid.

        Lastly, I had the opportunity to make it to both level 1 classes last week, and I hope to continue this.  I had the pleasure of beginning to teach a few white belts stick 1.  The most exciting part of this, was seeing the progress from Monday's class to Wednesday's class.

        

Numbers:

Km's- 90 km's ran/walked/hiked

AOK's- 31

PU/SU's- 2205

Da Mu Hsing (DMH)- 21

Monk Spade- 26

Sparring- 35 minutes

Comments

Popular Posts