Worn Out


         I've been feeling a little worn out lately.  Been reflecting on the state of my physical, mental, and emotional health.  Made some small adjustments to my diet: greatly reducing my caffeine intake to combat cortisol levels, adding in even more fruits and veggies to my diet, but also eating less.  Still seeing my psychologist every couple months, booking one-on-ones with instructors, and finding time to spend connecting with friends and family.  Gratitude journaling and less screen time.  Could add in more meditation, but that is a work in progress.  Working out, Kung Fu, massage therapy, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and naturopathic medicine.  I'm covering a lot of my bases, and yet, there is something missing.

        The truth is I'm doing too much.  Individually I'm at a good place with everything.  Work is going great.  Kung Fu is doing really well, and I've been making strides there.  Still keeping up my physical exercise.  Maintaining relationships.  And of course, adulting stuff like chores, etc..  Problem is, one this is all said and done, I'm left with very little time to just sit and be.  I just need time to sit and exist, with no plans, nothing to do, but listen and connect with my inner self.  I'm finding that even though things are going great at work, I struggle to find the energy to be there.  Same with Kung Fu.  I love Kung Fu, and it has given me so much, but again, I am finding myself dragging myself to Kwoon.  Don't get me wrong, I feel fantastic when I'm there, and it is never a bad decision, it's just the tiredness I feel.  Not a physical tiredness necessarily, more like my soul is tired and is in desperate need of connection, and quiet time.

        To begin to remedy this, I have started taking some half days at work, and even scheduled some extra days off here and there.  Honestly I almost feel like I need a solid week or even 2 off from any obligations, but that is much harder to achieve.  Anyways, that's how I've been feeling.


P.s. This photo is of Finn from Adventure Time, literally dragging himself around.

Comments

Popular Posts