Nagging Injury

         I've been having some old issues with my right knee again.  It was good for a while, and by good, I mean it wasn't giving me pain.  Lately, there has been some aches again, and its been throwing off my training a bit, mostly with balance and staying grounded.  I'm for sure putting a bit more weight on my left when I can, but the problem is that darn cat stance that is always in a left lead, meaning all that weight is on the right.  This comes up quite a bit in our forms, and something I have implemented a lot in my stick form.

        I can get few a few rounds before it starts to really give me grief and I begin to come out of my center to take the weight off.  I find going slow has helped, which then leads to the awesomeness which is feeling the movements of each technique that much more.  Though, I know the goal is full speed, right now full speed tends to tip me off my axis and out of orbit, defeating the purpose of the movements.  Lung has been very helpful at getting me more in-tune with each movement and how it feels internally and externally, feeling the energy begin within and sending it out, as well as moving it around.

        In the meantime I have some diagnosing to do, and hope to have it in better shape before the Tiger Challenge at the end of the month.  If not, then I will do my best with what I've got.

Comments

  1. Long 1 is quite right knee tasking. Make sure you take it easy if necessary to allow the knee to calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you heal up quickly. I can relate to this sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cat stances are problematic for me as well. I sometimes focus more on the hand and upper body movements without getting into deep stance when doing forms to give my knees a break.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts