Autopilot

         I continue to be in a plateau in my training, or perhaps it is a minimal degree of incline.  I know it is all apart of the process of mastery.  Also, the strain I've been putting my body under lately has finally given way, and I've found that I've been really sore lately.  As a result, my training has receded as I try to recover and prevent injuries.  I haven't stopped training, I'm just scaling to give my body more of a break.  Reflecting on my current status I look back at my goals and more importantly the why behind them.

        My why remains the same, it is about self improvement, and sure, I want to earn my Black belt eventually too.  I wonder if I should be placing more specific goals on my techniques, as opposed to just reaching the repetition goal.  In a roundabout way I do this as I perform my repetitions.  Usually it's wanting to focus on a specific part of my form, or whatever comes up as I go through.  It is an alright way of training, but I feel like I need to be more specific with my intent.  Not sure if this is making any sense.

        For my hand form, Lao Gar, I continue to work mostly on 3, and specifically the sequence right after the end of 2, all the way to the end of the tiger claws.  There is a lot of precise movements and connections between the harmonies in that small section, and working through it is helping me gain a better feel between my upper and lower halves. 

        Weapon's form is going.  I've been feeling a little uninspired with the way my form is progressing.  I am fully used to having a blade in each hand, but I'm still looking to add more to the form.  I have a couple of ideas as to what I want to do with the form, just need to find a way to make them blend and flow with the rest of the form.

        Only other thing I really have of note is that we're getting a foster dog this Friday through GEARS.  Not much else to report.

Comments

Popular Posts