Kung Fu: Perspective + Updates

         For a couple of weeks now I've been thinking about my journey in Kung Fu, and how far I've come.  It has really only been the last couple of years that I've made my Kung Fu more of a priority, and that Kung Fu has become more apart of my life, and not just something that I did a few times a week.  Big change over my 2018-2019 season.  Though looking back at that, I can see why Kung Fu wasn't a priority for me.  I was busy starting a business, flying back and forth to the US for a course, and planning a wedding.  I remember there were mornings (hey remember morning class?), that I'd wake up to my alarm and said no to class.  My attendance was abysmal.  I was not a great teammate; really only showing up for the final push before the demo.  My Kung Fu was okay.  I learned valuable lessons regardless of how that year went though.  I even took a year off the IHC to reprioritize.

       Fast forward to now, and I feel my Kung Fu is in a good place.  Could it be better?  Of course, there is always room for improvement in mastery; but I feel I have made some leaps and bounds as of late.  I'm noticing my body overall is moving better.  Even techniques that I am just learning, I'm finding my body is able to move the way it needs to to perform the technique.  Transitions can still be better for sure, especially in the ground work, but it is coming along.  I've spent a lot of time with mobility and flexibility work, which. still consider to be part of my Kung Fu training.  On that note, here are some number updates.

1,770 Km walked/ran

1,499 Acts of Kindness

44,530 push-ups and sit-ups

445 weapon reps

433 Lao Gar reps

1,525 pull-ups/chin-ups

421 minutes shadow boxing

weekly blogging ✔

Mastery, still need to read more of

Mend a relationship- definitely improved with the intended person, but has definitely improved with some people at work, so ✔

Writing... does this count? No. Fine. writers block still.

Comments

Popular Posts