Repetition. Repetition. Repetition.

         Last night's class was fantastic.  It was a unique way to practice a piece of a form, in this case, the sequence from Da Mu Tsing 2, specifically the round house to spinning back kick to high back stance with double knife hands.  As we kept repeating the sequence over and over towards the punching bags, I found myself tweaking parts of it here and there that didn't feel quite right.  Other than still working on my spinning back kick, the part I really noticed was the step into the high back stance and the double knife hands.  First thing I noticed about that piece, was I was still slightly falling into the stance and not as controlled as I'd like to be.  Once I ironed that out, I noticed the timing of my knife hands was off.  Sometimes they came out too late, and other times too early before I was settled into my form.  I'm sure those same patterns will still come up for me as I practice that form more, but it's nice to be mindful of those issues, and work towards smoothing them out more.

Comments

Popular Posts