Noticing More...

         The last few classes I have really began to notice, or maybe I'm just more aware, of my body movements, especially during forms.  Through the repetitions I'm starting to feel where things feel off.  Like, oh that stance felt a bit high, or that movement with my upper body didn't align with my lower body.  While performing the reps, I find myself making these micro tweaks to get a better feeling of what I think I should be doing, or how I think these movements should be feeling.  It is obviously not 100% and I definitely still need help identifying certain areas, but it is a step in the right direction.  It is moments like these that get me really excited about my Kung Fu, especially after feeling like I was stuck and not making much progress.

        My weapon form has also helped inspire this critical review of how my movements are.  Whether if it is a feeling of, oh that part felt chunky, or those moves don't really flow together the way I thought they would.  Same thing here, I feel myself making these micro changes to my moves to get a better feeling in the form.  Overall, it is that sense of how my body feels during the movement that is making analyze how my forms are going.  Not sure when this first started to happen, but I'm happy I have the awareness now.

Comments

Popular Posts