Stumbling Blocks

         I've been neglecting my training lately.  I have a doggo that has not been doing well, and I won't have any answers till Tuesday.  It's been upsetting and taking most of my mental space up... which is why I decided to blog about it.  He's only 5 yrs old, and I've had him for 4 of those years.  It's difficult, because they can't tell you what's wrong.  His spirit is more livelier today which is good, but he's not out of the woods yet.

        In all of this, I also recognized that I haven't been doing my nightly gratitude exercise.  So, last night I made sure that I did just that.  I made a list of all the positives that were still happening around me.  This helped to recenter my focus.  Life is always going to throw obstacles my way; and I know that I am very capable of adapting.  Like many, my business has been adversely affected by the pandemic, but I am proud of myself and my team for rolling with the punches and constantly adapting to the new guidelines.  It hasn't been easy, our province's leadership has been extremely vague and so there is usually a lot to interpret when this happens.  Despite it all, we've managed to keep up.  Looking back, I'd say my greatest strength is in adapting to constant changes.  I tend to thrive in these situations; keeping a level head when there is chaos surrounding me.  On the other hand, I do tend to feel lost when things are going smoothly.  Like what do I do with myself when there isn't a fire to put out?!

        I guess what I'm trying to say, is that this has all just been stumbling blocks on my journey.  It hasn't changed my goals, it doesn't magically wipe away any of my progress, and it won't stop me from moving forward.  This is just what happens, and we get to decide how it affects us.  For me, it meant having a few days where my focus was mostly on Nero, and making sure he was okay, so that I could refocus my attention to my goals.

Comments

Popular Posts