Reflections of a Dog; AKA, The Humble Pig

          It is hard to believe that a year has gone by, and that the Dog year has ended.  What a year it has been, and this year does not look like it will be slowing down either.  Between opening a business, planning  a wedding, fostering dogs, taking extra schooling away from home, and pursuing a lawsuit, life has been chaotic and stressful.
          However, as I reflect on the past year, I realize that through the torrent of events that flooded every crack and crevice of my life, there was one constant, a sort of lighthouse of stability, the Kwoon and the loyal Dog team within.  Even though I didn't engage as much as I would have liked too, I will use the term coined from Apollo 13 "a successful failure".  It's true that I didn't meet most of my requirements set-out at the beginning of the year, but I gained knowledge, perspective, and a renewed energy for the coming year.

          Six months in and the business keeps gaining speed.  I have three courses left in my sports medicine acupuncture which will wrap mid-June.  The wedding planning is coming along for October 5th.  The lawsuit... well that's too be determined; however I'm trying not to spend too much time or energy on it.  Our foster dog is one step closer to finding her fur-ever home too.
          Like the Pig, I plan on shifting my stressful and serious disposition to that of being carefree and learning to have more fun.  Aside from my personal and physical goals set out by the I Ho Chuan, my main goal this year is to keep engaged with the team and get to know my team members better.  For those of you wanting to get together and punish our bodies with all of those push-ups and sit-ups, let me know.  Nothing creates strong bonds like dying through physical activity.

Comments

Popular Posts