Routine

              I always find it interesting how when I’m away from my routine, how much I miss it.  Don’t get me wrong, I also enjoy my time away from my usual responsibilities, and the Arizona sun is always nice.  The main thing I miss, is the people. My staff and clients, my Kung Fu family, my friends.  They’re all apart of my routine, as I’m used to seeing them regularly.

               Makes me wonder if I take it all for granted, which, I probably am to some degree.  When at home, we have systems in place that keep us on track, but those systems are usually quite rigid.  When we travel and are away, those systems tend to fall apart.  It’s up to us to create routines that are flexible and that can be maintained when not in our usual environment. That’s where discipline comes in.  It’s our discipline that carries these routines when they are thrown out of whack.

             Just some thoughts. Long story to say that I miss y’all.

Comments

Popular Posts