New Shiny Weapon

        My monk spade came in recently, and I can't help but smile every time I look at it!  It's my weapon for the year of the dragon, and I've been excited about making a form for it since I decided that was going to be my weapon.  It even has fancy brass decorations of a dragon head, and it's mouth is open towards the spade.

        I've been playing around with it, and I already know it is going to really help me develop my eye for detail further, as well as get my hips more involved and less of my shoulders.  As I was swinging it around, the weight of it made me think of the dragon head.  Being the head of the dragon, and having that weight on my shoulders, both figuratively and literally, I know I have to really get my body involved to move it the way I want to.  Using just your shoulders would burn me out way too fast.  The monk spade will be no different, I need to incorporate my whole body, otherwise my shoulders will get overworked and probably injured.


Numbers:

Km's- 3,623 Km ran/walked

AOK's- 1,530

PU/SU's- 56,000

Lung 1- 744

Stick- 763

Sparring- 880 minutes

        

Comments

  1. I love how each weapon provides its own lessons and benefits. Looking forward to seeing your form.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts