Coming into my own

         "Do you feel different?  Because you are different", a sentiment that is usually shared when you get your next belt.  In the past, sure I felt different, but never felt like I was truly deserving of the promotion, or didn't fit it.  I trust my instructors of course, but there was always that feeling of being an imposter.  With my brown belt, I definitely do feel different, and for once I feel like it fits me well.  It's hard to truly put into words, other than I feel I am coming into my own as a martial artist, and it is at this level that I'm feeling aware of it.  Might be a strange thing to say at this point, but here I am.

        I'm feeling much more confident in my skills, my eye for detail, and my ability to adapt my knowledge into practical application.  In partner work I'm picking up on things that can help my partner succeed, and progress.  I'm feeling good.  Kind of all I wanted to say.  See y'all on the mats.

        

        

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts