I am organized

         Organization starts with the mind.  What your state of mind is, dictates your surroundings.  An organized mind will then be mirrored in an organized surrounding; one that is calm, and serene.  Likewise, a chaotic mind will be mirrored in a chaotic surrounding.  This is not to say that one can create an organized mind by creating some organization in their life; or that one can still have an organized mind in the midst of chaotic surroundings.

        There was definitely a time in my life that my mind was rife with chaos, and thus I lived in chaos: surroundings, relationships, work.  Living in this state of mind was like living in a vortex that tried its best to pull you down and keep you there in complacency.  I guess you could say that that is mediocrity.  I don't remember the exact day, but I know I made a choice to change the way I was living.  This was my first step to a life of mastery.  Mastering my emotions was my biggest undertaking, and catalyst for creating more mastery in my life, and more organization.

        When I started my journey to mastering my emotions, I began to create organization in my life.  First, my thoughts became clearer and not just jumbled noise (I was taming my monkey mind).  I wanted to clean and organize my surroundings, why, because it was something I had control over.  I lost a lot of "friends", but really these were friendships that I needed to cut from my lie, because they definitely weren't serving me.  That was probably the hardest thing to do, for it came with a long period of isolation; but that was time I needed with myself.  Once I started to clear up these areas of my life, everything else started to fall into place and I felt more at ease, more at peace.  There were still chaotic situations that would show up, but I was better prepared to keep my mind steady and my thoughts clear, so that I could traverse these turbulent situations without losing control.

        Being organized isn't about living a life without chaos, but being able to embrace it with grace.  It's a very Zen way of looking at it, or perhaps Taoist, in that chaos is the yang to organizations yin.  They are both capable of existing outside of each other, one can easily transform into the other, but really they are both apart of the balance.  I had to live a life of chaos, so that I can learn to be organized.  Chaos helps me to grow and to be better organized.  At this point, chaos and organization are becoming a metaphor for something greater, but I'm sure you get the point.  I am organized because I have lived a life of chaos.

Comments

Popular Posts