I am resourceful

        Adaptability and Resourcefulness go hand-in-hand.  To be adaptable, is to be quick to respond to changes happening around us, being resourceful is using tools we already have or learned, to respond to the current situation.
        A Black belt is someone who is both highly adaptable, and highly resourceful, but I think all martial artists have this capability, only difference is a Black Belt has more tools at their disposal and create more opportunities to quickly adapt.
        Besides my Kung Fu, it has been my business that has taught me the most about being more resourceful and in turn, more adaptable.  The pandemic for sure has forced me to be more resourceful and adaptable.  Especially the early days when things were in constant flux; I had to be quick on my feet to make decisions that would positively impact my business, my clients coming in, and my staff.  As time has passed, and cost of doing business has increased due to inflation, again I had to be more resourceful and find ways to limit the costs to my business, while still delivering outstanding services.
        Being resourceful and more adaptable has been a skill, like any other, that I have honed over the years.  As I learned from various resources, I got more tools, more life skills to handle the challenges thrown my way.  Even then, I've still made mistakes, but then I've taken those mistakes and added them to my toolbox as well.

        I wasn't sure how I wanted to leave things off, or if I even wanted to share this bit of information, but I think it is pertinent to the topic.  I had to learn at a very young age to rely on myself.  Was probably around 8 when I first started to develop my adaptability and resourcefulness.  It was out of desperation as opposed to a desire.  Sometimes I see this as a negative, but it has had many positives too.  It did put me ahead of the curve in certain regards.  Guess the message I wanted to convey is, don't think one's ability to be resourceful and adaptable has to be something you do alone.  As great as it is to be able to rely on yourself, resourcefulness and adaptability can play a much stronger role when apart of a team or community.

Comments

Popular Posts