Demos and Boards

        In past years I didn't give too much thought to board breaking, other than hoping my technique would get me through.  Now I'm looking ahead to when I grade and am thinking about putting combinations together.  My first thought is that it was difficult to find combinations that flowed.  I tried a few on Monday night's class when we did our break-a-thon, and the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was probably doing two separate techniques instead of a combination of two.  Back to the drawing board (pun intended (?)).
        Then last night's demo happened, and as I was going through my weapon form I created, it donned on me that I know how to put moves together that flow well, because I was doing it in my form, and last year's form.  So, what's the difference between that and boards?  There isn't any, except the way I perceive them in my mind.  Not just my form, but forms show us how to put techniques together that follows the flow of energy.  I just need to apply this into my board breaks now.  I already know how to do it.  
         Now it's time for me to look at my forms and choose techniques that I like that flow well together and start practicing for next year's break-a-thon.

Comments

Popular Posts