I am my business

        I feel like one can interpret this a different way, but since I own my own business, I'm going to first go about this at that angle.  I am business.  I am a caregiver, and my business is in caregiving, be it: acupuncture, chiropractic, massage therapy, physiotherapy, or holistic nutrition.  I saw a need in an industry where the norm was to run the people taking care of others, into the ground to turn a profit.  I didn't create Risen Health to get rich, far from it.  I created Risen with one thing in mind, and that was to build a space that focused on its people first.  My reasoning behind this was simple; if I take care of my people first, then in turn, they'll be able to better take care of our patients/clients.  As caregivers, and as practitioners of health, where we are constantly trying to make other healthier, it seemed odd that the practitioners weren't living a healthy lifestyle and getting burned-out from being overworked.  So I set-out to change that dynamic, and I like to think that I have succeeded.  My staff and practitioners are happy, and have a fairly good work-life balance, and in-turn, we have happy patients/clients.

        On the other side of I am my business, my business is my life, and how I like to lead it.  I try to lead my life with as much compassion, empathy and kindness as I can.  I tend to be a private person, and keep my friend group small.  A lot of my time is spent working on my health, mental and physical, and on maintaining relationships.  Part of my time is spent learning and gaining new knowledge.  The rest of my time is for enjoying life; spending time with friends and family, laughing, and being entertained.  Oh, and food, lots of food.  I'm a foodie, and am pretty much always thinking about food.  I tend to be very selective with people and the energy I allow into my space.  I learned hard lessons when I was younger, so now I choose me and my wellbeing, and when I'm taken care of, I'm just that much more compassionate and willing to help others out.

        So where does Kung Fu fit into all of this?  Kung Fu has provided me a community of people who are all working towards a goal.  Especially being apart of the I Ho Chuan, being around people striving to be better in-turn has made me want to be better.  I think there is something to be said about success and how surrounding yourself with the right people can help you achieve that success.  it is not just because there is friendly competition, or guidance, I think it is because there is a lot of inspiration around, and collectively the energy that emanates from a group of people like that gets you all on a similar frequency.   Hopefully that made some semblance of sense to those of you reading.

Comments

Popular Posts