I am a Beacon

         I wanted to start off this blog from a spiritual, esoteric point of view surrounding energy.  "I am a beacon" stood out to me, because being a highly sensitive empath, I am a beacon for emotions.  When I was younger, this was very confusing, because I didn't know I was holding the emotions of everyone around me, on top of my own.  It wasn't until I was early to mid twenties that I found some great teachers that helped me understand this, and helped me find ways to discern between what was mine, and what wasn't.  One of those teachers was an instructor for the Acupuncture program that I attended at MacEwan University, and she was also my first Reiki teacher.  Through her I was introduced to a Shaman, and he was the one who really helped me understand what it was to be a highly sensitive empath.  

        Being an empath, I always found it interesting when strangers would approach me and interact, and then proceed to tell me their life story.  Unprompted, I might add.  I'm just minding my own business, and I some how would attract people I didn't know to tell me all about what was going on in their life.  What's really great about having an innate ability like this, is it really helps with the work I do as a caregiver.  I can't count the number of times I've gone to place my hand on someone and them immediately saying that's where the pain is.  It is an intuitive pull that I'm not even aware of most of the time.  I've sharpened these skills with the addition of my Reiki training, and find that I'm at my best when I'm doing distance healing.  Not having someone in-front of me really helps to take the ego out of the equation, and I can really hone in on what's going on.  Although I do tend to freak my friends out sometimes when I get really accurate about what's going on, and I'm all the way in a different city and checking in on them.

         Aside from this, I am a beacon, for me, is to be that person that, even when they're feeling down tries to put on a smile and create positive interactions with other people.  Don't get me wrong, it is important to feel your feelings and go through the motions if you have to, sometimes that is privately, sometimes that is publicly.  For me, I want to elevate the mood as much as I can, and make sure people are taking life more lightly, and are remembering to have fun.

Comments

Popular Posts