The Maze in My Mind

         There is a maze hidden in the depths of my mind.  I am familiar with it.  I've walked through it before countless times, and I will no doubt revisit it.  I know where the exit is, and yet, this maze is a peculiar one, for it tends to change.  What was once a right turn has become a left.  It makes enough of these subtle changes, so that I get turned around and lose my sense of where I am.  How long do I spend making my way through the winding corridors depends on how quickly I can recognize the landscape enough to regain my bearings and head for the exit.

        As I comb through the sprawling labyrinth, I always discover something new, different dead-ends, fresh pathways,  and quiet places to rest.  Though the path can be dark and uncertain, it often leads to more self-discovery which then illuminates the trail ahead.  

        Though the last few weeks have been a struggle for me, I am coming out the other side now.  It's not the first time I've been in this mindset, and won't be the last.  I've learned over the years that the only way out is through.  Although it feels like my training is fruitless during these times, it is still a great tool to help ground me, and give me some purpose and routine throughout my day.

Comments

Popular Posts