Grinding Away

         I'd like to say I've had some epiphany with my training, but alas, it has been a grind.  Still working on solidifying my horse stance and making sure my feet are even; still working on having my shoulders harmonize with my hips, been using the bell block and Hung form for this; still working on adding more to my weapon form.  Basically just doing rep after rep, and trying to fine-tune the movements as I go through.  Some reps feel good, others feel rushed, others feel terrible all together.  Something I've been trying to train out of myself is putting myself off balance, this usually happens when I try to do a form too fast and my footwork doesn't have a solid foundation.  There's a few moves in my weapon form that really punish me for this, so it is great that I have those to act as a guide for how I'm doing.

        Other than that, been playing around with my kicks, different combinations.  Still trying to do a mix of heavy bag and in the air.  Heavy bag is great for feedback and to see where my technique is at, kicking in the air helps me fine tune the details of my kick.  I have to be careful though, I tend to want to put as much into my kicks in the air as I do on the heavy bag, and that is a recipe for disaster on my knees.  I've been trying to focus on my kicks in my forms to take the "tail" off the kick.  I find the hardest sequence still is the dragons whip and spinning back kick in Da Mu Hsing.  That's all from me.  See you on the mats.

Comments

Popular Posts