New Feeling

        I've been playing around more with my forms, in particular Lao Gar; and to be more specific, a part in Lao Gar 3 with the 2 tiger claws.  The trouble with this section is the internal projection of energy.  Our feet and hips are kind of facing one way, but we're directing our power another way.  I can feel the expansion between my back leg and lead tiger claw physically; but I start to lose connection the further I extend, right before I finish the stance.  This is what initially got my gears running towards that it must be an internal, energy projection that I'm missing.  Now I'm not new to energy work, or manipulating energy for that matter; however to direct it in this way is foreign to me.  It is kind of funny, because moments before in that form we're "catching" and "throwing" a ball of energy, at least that is my visualization for that movement; so why does this particular part of the form not have that same feeling?  Part of that answer is definitely rooted in my intent.  Again I use energy work to heal, have not experienced enough to use my energy, my Qi, as an attack.  I feel like this is going to take me sometime to even start to get a feel for, just because it is something so foreign to me and to my spirit.

Comments

Popular Posts