Form

         As I've been going through my forms, I've felt a change internally.  I first noticed it going through the first few movements of Da Mu Hsing.  It started with noticing how good the snap of the rotation with my high rising block and downward foot block into the punch felt.  hat punch after the downward foot block has given me trouble in the past, and I know it's a very small part of the form, but it felt awesome to get that internal feeling that the punch was good.  Everything felt good, not just externally, but internally I felt the harmony in those movements; then I transitioned from the high back stance to the bow stance and punch, and that felt off.  Too high in my stance from the transition I think, and I felt it again with the neck bow stance after the horse stance.  So what does this tell me?  It tells me that my training is paying off, and that I've got that many more repetitions under my belt, it also tells me what I need to work on, and that goes across all forms.  There are those few stances that I struggle with still, and the transitions from those stances that I need to work at.  Over-all, I'm happy with how my training has been progressing, and I'm excited to see where it goes.

Comments

Popular Posts