Freedom Vs Structure

We all want freedom.  Freedom to do the things we like to do.  Freedom to go to places we want to go.  What of time?  Time offers the most freedom if we have it to spend.   The issue with having too much time, is that we never tend to spend it mindfully or practically.  We tend to squander it.

Then there is structure.  Structure is kind of the opposite of freedom if you think of it.  Structure is like a cage; or, at least it sounds like a cage, 'structure'.   However, structure tends to lead to progress. Structure allows us to accomplish more, and thus giving us more time, and ultimately freedom.

In the end, it all boils down to choice.  It's our choice to implement structure into our lives, and it's our choice with what we do with our time and freedom.

I'm learning that as much as I love my freedom and creativity, a word to me that is synonymous with freedom, it more often than not leads to mediocrity and less progress to the things I want to accomplish.  I could use more structure in my life.

Comments

Popular Posts