Vacation Time

         My partner and I leave for Nova Scotia on Saturday for 10 days.  Sara is from Halifax originally, and I wanted to surprise her with a trip back there for our 5 year anniversary.  I have been looking forward to this vacation for a while, and to just be able to get away and not have all the normal responsibilities of everyday life.

        It can be hard as a business owner to step away, but I have a fantastic team, and I know it will be in good hands.  The last couple of months I was definitely burnt out, and my quality of life was suffering: mood, training, sleep, etc..  Things have been getting better, and this trip will hopefully help solidify some of that.  I have also been doing a lot of introspection and healing, and that in itself has been a lot of work and a source of my burnout.  This trip should be an opportunity to just relax and have more fun.

        So what does this have to do with my Kung Fu?  For one thing, mastery isn't a straight line.  Two like Yin and Yang, mastery and mediocrity blend together, and for times of great Yang, there needs to be times of great Yin (work/exertion vs rest/play).  This vacation isn't an abandonment of my training, it is a needed break to stop and focus on where I am and what I'm doing, so that I can come back with a fresh perspective.

        See y'all back on the mats October 9th. 

Comments

Popular Posts