Helping Out

                I’ve been showing up to the level one class consistently for the past few weeks, and at first I wasn’t sure how much I could contribute; but having had a chance to interact more with the students, I realize I have the knowledge to help them out.

                Helping out has forced me to think more deeply about my Kung Fu and the why I do things a certain way.  I’m evaluating my why, and at the same time seeing how newer minds are approaching things.  It’s been a great learning experience, both from me having to articulate and show how to do certain techniques, and from watching others.  I also don’t mind getting the refreshers on the basics, our foundations.  As much fun as it is to be doing techniques at a higher level, I know the importance of solid foundations.

Numbers:

Km's- 635 km's ran, walked, hiked

AOK's- 221

PU/SU's- 9,620

DMH- 134

Monk Spade- 134

Sparring- 198 minutes

Comments

Popular Posts