Engaging with the Team

                We typically don’t have a lot of time inside of the Kwoon to connect with one another on a deep personal level, except for maybe the few minutes before class starts, or when we have our monthly meeting at the beginning of each month.  That’s where our blogs come in.  

                I can see how you’re doing in your forms, and techniques by watching you in class; but I don’t know how you’re feeling on the inside, and to me, that is more important.  My philosophy with running my business is based on the emotional health of my people.  Cause I know, if they’re emotionally healthy, then they’re going to do good work.  That’s why I make it a priority every chance I get to sit down with them for a moment and see how they’re doing.  Sometimes that look like a quick check-in, and other times it becomes a deeper conversation.  Either way, I just want to make sure they’re doing okay, and if not, what I can do to help.

               I WANT TO BE YOUR BIGGEST CHEERLEADER.  That’s what it comes down to.  I want to support your journey, however that looks.  Sure, I can do that without knowing what’s going on in your life, but when we share our thoughts, especially our troubles, it’s easier to understand where you’re at, and how I/we can help.  Whether that is a simple smile (which I’ll do anyway), a hug, or just a “Hey, how you doin?”.  The point I’m trying to make is that I know we can all do a lot better, when we have support behind us, when we know there are others rooting for us, rather than competing with us.  That’s something I wish I had more of when I was younger.  So let me be your cheerleader.


I don’t have my laptop with my excel sheet with me, so I can’t write down my numbers up to date, but I can give you what I have done since being in Arizona:

33km’s ran/walked/golfed

10 Acts of Kindness

250 push-ups/sit-ups

5 reps of Da Mu Hsing 

No Monk Spade, but lots of swinging golf clubs

5 minutes of shadow boxing

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts