Reevaluating My Priorities

         This week I requested my entry into the Dragon Team, along with my personal requirements.  I've been thinking about my requirements for a few months now.  For this coming year, I chose goals that had some real meaning and depth behind them, and ones that were a priority.  In the past I've definitely chose requirements that weren't necessarily serving me, and those are the requirements that I would end up failing at.

        Furthermore, I came to realize something, something obvious, and yet something I think many of us are guilty of, and that is choosing physical requirements like form reps, kicks, etc., when the reality is, if we are using the I Ho Chuan as it is meant to be, all of that will be taken care of.  Yes, the IHC is meant to teach us mastery, but the emphasis is in self mastery.  Mastering our thoughts, discipline, and most importantly, highlighting the areas where we need growth and charting a path towards positive change.  Thus, not only are we creating a positive influence in our own life, but others lives that are within our orbit.    

        My personal goals this year are as follows:

        -create a minimum of 2 social media posts a month, that are of educational for my patients;

        -initiate 2-3 community projects/donations for the community through my business this year, and;

        -organize at minimum, 1 date night for Sara and I.  We are both busy people and can struggle to             make quality time for each other.


        On top of all this, my focus has been on refining my diet: less caffeine, up to 70-80% of my diet consisting of fresh fruits and veggies, supplementing where I need (probiotics and omega 3's), and eating less in general.  Improving sleep hygiene, to get more consistent sleep, which has included blue light blocking lenses.  Switching up my exercise to include more walks, along with my gym and Kung Fu.  Lat of all, reducing cortisol levels through the aforementioned, and through mindfulness and meditation.


Numbers:

Km's- 2,595 Km

AOK- 1,070

PU/SU- 41,570

Lung- 553

Stick- 554

Sparring- 675

*leaving kicks out because of what I mentioned above; however, am still tracking them as they are a goal of mine for this year.



        

Comments

Popular Posts