Finding Inspiration

                After two strong years with my Karambit forms, I decided to go back to basics with the stick.  My intention was to better understand the basics, and to see where I needed more work.  However, I have found myself uninspired for the last few months.  I started off strong, with ideas that I wanted to implement into my form, and then things started to stagnate.  I am at the point where I'm not feeling very strong with my stick form, and have been doing repetitions for the sake of numbers.

        To remedy this, I am going to play around with the monk spade, the weapon I chose for next years from, and get some inspiration from that.  Since the monk spade is an extension of the stick, I'm going to find the fun in that weapon, and transfer that over to my current stick form to breath some life into it.


        On another note. last nights class we worked on our punches and knife hand against the shield to start prepping us for the break-a-thon next week.  As we were going through the exercise, my biggest takeaway was playing with the timing of my strikes and how it influenced my transfer of power.  When my timing was close to perfect, lots of explosive power.  When I was too early or too late, still solid contact, but way less power being transferred.  All it took was a small tweak here or there to fix and then replicate.  Now to take this knowledge and apply it elsewhere.

        We also worked on Da Mu Hsing 4, and just worked on the beginning of that section up to the second downward foot block to after the bell block.  Lots of information to comb through, but most importantly feeling the stances and the grounding in-between  one side to the next.  This section definitely still needs more work and attention from me, but it's getting there.


Numbers:

Km's- 2645 km's

AOK- 1093

PU/SU- 42,270

Lung- 567

Stick- 567

Sparring- 685

Comments

Popular Posts