The Art in Martial Artist


         I don't know what was different about last night's class, other than I was viewing it with different eyes, but I found myself really engaged in everyone's forms and how each individual moved through the form and how their personality shone through.

        We all did hand forms last night that we're all familiar with, save for one, but even then, that created form has movements we've all done before; and in each case everyone did the form differently, and those differences came out in different parts of the form, intensity ranged, flow differed, there was a pause or emphasis on different parts.  What I'm getting at is last night I was truly seeing the art part of the martial arts, and it was spectacular.  I don't know if not having the music helped to not distract me from what was going on, but I felt like I really saw people last night in a way I hadn't before. 

         I just wanted to share that with the team.  Everyone did spectacular in their forms, and it was cool to see how each person interpreted the form and the movements, and I look forward to the progression.  I don't ever really look at myself do my forms, I just go with how it feels, so I have no clue how I look doing the same forms as everyone else.

Comments

Popular Posts