I am intrepid


                 Every time I make a choice that places me outside of my comfort zone, I have found growth, even if my goal failed.  This is what makes me intrepid.  Its embracing the fearless charge towards the unknown, putting yourself out there, exposed, and yet trying regardless.  This was me stepping onto the mats of the Kwoon for the first time.  It was me when I decided to start my own business.  It was me when I asked my wife to marry me, and then again when I said my "I do's".

        There is something about allowing yourself to be vulnerable, that ultimately makes you less vulnerable.  It takes a lot of courage to allow yourself to be vulnerable around others and new situations.  Growth doesn't come from comfort right?  I'd say most of the time no, but I'm sure there are exceptions.  Doing anything new, that can be scary because it means putting yourself out there, takes an intrepid nature and that you should be proud of the fact that you're trying.

        Kung Fu is definitely one of those things that scared me going into it.  Fearful that I was going to make a fool out of myself.  I wasn't the most flexible person, and Kung Fu requires flexibility.  I showed up, and I keep showing up, and do I make a fool out of myself?  YEP.  Absolutely, but that's part of it.  I keep putting myself out there and I just keep trying to improve.  I'm grateful for what Kung Fu has provided me, and Kung Fu for sure has made me more intrepid.

        Last thing I wanted to touch on was my mental health journey.  Anyone who goes through depression/anxiety are some of the strongest, most intrepid people, because it takes a lot of strength and bravery to live with depression/anxiety, and takes a lot to carry on your life living with it.  I know there are times when I don't feel strong or brave, especially when I'm in a depressive slump, but I've managed time and again to pull myself out of it, and that is no easy thing to accomplish.

        I AM INTREPID.

         

Comments

Popular Posts