Some Frustrations, but Trying to Keep Positive

         I've been dealing with a knee issue for a while now, same issue that stopped me from completing my marathon goal from last year.  It has been frustrating to say the least.  There is no problem while squatting weight or using the leg press at the gym, but walking can set it off.  Yes, a simple, and basic fundamental movement I've been doing for many years, causes it grief.  More frustrating is that my injury and how my body has been compensating has crept into my Kung Fu training.  There are a few moves, like the horse stance that I thought I was beginning to do well on... NOPE.  I didn't even realize that I was moving that way until it was pointed out to me.  A move like the high back stance I knew, because there would be pain, so for a while now I've been struggling with that stance, but was completely unaware of how else it was affecting my other stances.

        Now, I can be a stubborn person, so I'm not going to allow my injury to dictate the path I choose; however, I am also not going to push it to the point that it becomes a bigger issue.  I've seen too many patients that deal with chronic injuries because they didn't listen to their bodies years ago.  Until I can figure out what is causing the underlying issue, I will have to make it work for me.  Same goes with my kicks.  Even though I'm pretty religious when it comes to stretching and mobility work, I haven't gained too much flexibility, so my kicks aren't where I'd like them to be.  I do make my kicks work for me though.  If I was ever in a situation that I needed to use a kick, I could do it and have it work.  I may not be aiming for someone's head, but the kick will be effective... hopefully.

        I also realized I didn't update y'all on my novel.  I haven't written anything new yet, but to give that context, I had already written 14 chapters, 45,000 words before I stopped writing.  It is taking me a while to get myself caught up with my characters and story, and of course the editing I have been doing as I go along.  I'm thinking another couple months before I'm caught up and can move forward with the story.

Comments

Popular Posts