I am exuberant...

         I am exuberant about this next year and what it means for me.  On paper it is just another day on the calendar, and the meaning we give it is rather arbitrary, because we could choose any day to begin anew.  Perhaps it is the spiritual side of me that resonates so soundly with the new lunar cycle and the promise of new energy.  Could even be that I was born in the year of the Tiger, so this year holds meaning.  In reality, my excitement comes from the choices I have made, and the intentions I have set.  All of this comes back to the question "How does my Kung Fu serve me?".  I am realizing more and more that the training we do in Kung Fu and the commitment to mastery in I Ho Chuan is a way to reinforce a habit of making better choices for ourselves, and that every small step we make is moving us towards a big accomplishment.  This not only applies to me getting one step closer to a black belt, but translates to all aspects of my life.  I want to be a novelist, well I need to commit myself to that and start writing, every day if I have to.  I want to mend a relationship, again, I need to commit myself to that and make an effort to reach out to that individual more often.

        My excitement starts with me and the things I believe I can accomplish.  Hopefully the goals you set for yourself excite you too.  I'll be here cheering you on.  The exuberance we no doubt are all experiencing now will likely fade in the coming months, so remember why you set your goals, and reevaluate them if you find you're not as excited about them in the future.  See you all on the mats.

        

Comments

Popular Posts