Hopes for the New Year (Both of Them)

         With 2021 nearing its end, I find my thoughts turning towards 2022 and for the Year of the Tiger, and the hopes that I have for both.  2021 was another challenging year, in some ways good, like my Kung Fu, and in some ways not so good, like my business.  As all of us know, 2021 was again a very different year full of a yo-yoing pattern of restrictions and openings that made for some challenging months trying to navigate online classes and for entrepreneurs like myself, trying to predict customer flow.

        As 2022 nears I have hopes that I can turn things around with my business, but definitely find myself wondering too, if it is worth it.  I place an incredible amount of stress on myself to succeed, and as of now things aren't looking great.  Perhaps in another week or two my perspective will change, but for now I'm stuck in the suck.  All I know is that as of now, I feel stuck in some invisible cycle, and I want to break free.  I know there is a better way, I just need to find it.

        The Year of Tiger is also coming in 2022, my Year (1986).  If you're wondering if your animal year is a good year, well... typically your animal year is neither good, nor bad, but rather a year full of challenges.  Great!  Just what I want more of.  It is these challenging years that we tend to have the most growth though, and in short memory, I remember 2010 being that for me, a challenging year personally, but something that definitely helped me grow a lot on my journey.

        When it comes down to it, I know I have a lot of work ahead of me this next year, and I just need to remind myself of what I have to be grateful for, and I also have to learn to ask for help from others; because I really do have a lot of great people around me who do want to see me succeed.  Have a great New Year everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts