December Slump

         December is always a crazy month; obviously because of the holidays, but especially in my line of work and business, because everyone is trying to use up their benefits before year end.  I hate to say it, but my training has taken a hit, replaced by the business of work. I'm actually writing this blog in-between seeing clients and sorting out the books as we speak.  Good thing that I'm creating the Holiday Challenge because it is helping me stay engaged with my school and teammates, and giving me an opportunity to do some training outside of class that isn't time consuming.  I've been going pretty hard all year, so it's not the worst thing that I'm missing some training time, but I feel it dulls the edge, so to speak.

        It's funny, because in Chinese medicine, Winter is a Yin time of year, a time to slow down, reflect and quiet, but we are the total opposite here in North America, we're go, go, go. We 're going against the flow of nature.  Speaking of energy and flow, I'm very much enjoying Tai Chi.  I'm already familiar with energy work, I have my master level of Reiki, but it is different in this context of body movement and feeling more of my own internal energy and how far out it reaches.

        All in all, yes my training is down, and I'm sad I missed last practice class, but December will be over soon enough and I can get back to some sort of normalcy again.  See you on the mats friends.

Comments

Popular Posts