Precision

         Been working a lot on precision lately, both on and off the mats.  As much as been adding this detail to my school forms, I realized I haven't had that same focus with the weapon form I created.  I obviously know what I am trying to accomplish when doing the movements, I know how I want my flow and phrasing to be; so why the lack of precision?  I guess it is easier when it comes to the school forms, because everyone knows what the form is supposed to look like and the intent behind the moves, thus easier to point out when something isn't right.  

        So, I've been really trying to feel my form and each movement.  How does it feel when I do this versus that.  Would I actually be able to cut or slice if I were to use a real blade?  What about my lower half?  Are my stances settled before I move into the next movement, and are my kicks in harmony with my upper half?  All of these things have been nagging at me since our last demo.  Am I hay with my weapon and my form, absolutely, but it is something I really want to master and develop more.  I've already decided that I want to add a second karambit into the mix next year and develop my form further.  There are parts of my form now that make more sense with a second blade.  Overall creating this form has helped me develop my Kung Fu further, especially when it comes to my footwork, my focus and my harmonies.

Comments

Popular Posts