Leadership 2/ Boot Camp

        To everyone reading this blog, it is no surprise that we don't have great leadership in our province.  Even other Canadians are noticing how awful our leadership has been.  Many of you are stressed, frustrated and angry about the current state of things.  However, even though we don't have strong leaders in place in our provincial level, all I could see around me in the meeting on Thursday night, was leaders.  Leadership is something I've been pondering more and more.  I chose to create my own business, because I saw an industry that was in need of change.  Healthcare professionals tend to take care of everyone else, but themselves; and I wanted to change that.  From the outside it looks great: happy customers, happy contractors, happy employees; but for me something is still missing.  Perhaps it's just my own feelings, but there just isn't the cohesiveness I was hoping for.  It's difficult with contractors, because there is much less that I can dictate for them.  I question my ability to lead effectively to achieve the goals I want to achieve.

        Now to talk about the Boot Camp.  It was such a great experience, and I have a lot to process still from the day.  The meditation was much needed, and something that I have been doing once a week with as friend.  Her and I are keeping each other accountable and doing meditations over zoom.  The wrist lock progression was super fun, looking for someone to keep this practice up with, so message me if you're interested.  Drumming was an interesting experience, can't say that my left hand wanted to go to the same rhythm as my right, so the beat was slightly off.  Not for a lack of trying though.  Fight choreography was a blast.  Had a lot of fun working out a quick performance.  Definitely getting the gears turning in regards to me working with Mr. Bjorkquist for his 5 techniques and myself for what I want my future 5 techniques to be.  The fitness challenge was just that, challenging.  Surprise, surprise.  I definitely fared better than I thought I would, though I did have to take a break to stabilize my blood pressure there.  Overall a great day, great weekend.

        See you all on the mats soon.

Comments

Popular Posts