Physical Limits; AKA. Pushing Beyond

          For many years I have ignored the benefits of stretching.  I've been running for years and hasn't been till the last two that I've decided to stretch.  Now being in Kung Fu and participating in CrossFit, I see how limiting my lack of flexibility can be.  It's not just being able to throw a high kick, but in complex functional movements like an overhead squat.  Knowing this, and continually improving my flexibility, my body still has its limits.  Most of us have deficiencies that we work on, and sometimes no matter how much we do they will always be a problem area.  I'm learning that there are some things that I won't be 'perfect' at or proficient in, but what I can do is improve the function enough so that it works for me.  It is this idea of adaptability that makes a master.  Obviously the skill has to be there from countless hours training, along with the 6 external and internal harmonies being in balance, but master's are still people, and people are flawed.  A master just works with their flaws and adjusts and adapts depending on the situation.
          Now to actually take this wisdom and apply it....  Till next time.

Comments

Popular Posts