A Bump in the Road; AKA. Winter Thaw

          It's been a draining week for me mentally.  I just can't seem to get my head in the game, be it work; the gym; or Kung Fu.  This time of year is always trying for me, because I do get seasonal affected disorder.  I really miss the sun, the energy, and momentum the warmer weather brings.  Negative thoughts start to form and spiral around my head like a flurry.  I begin to question myself and wonder if I'm on the right track.  Am I an effective leader and business owner?  Can I really keep up physically?  Am I really making progress in my Kung Fu?
          I know these thoughts will pass and I'll get back to being "myself" again, but for now I'm just trying to push on and go through the motions as they come.  One of the main things I am trying to do this year is engage more with people and posts, regardless of how social I'm feeling.  Last year, especially with the I Ho Chuan, I didn't read or engage much on others people's posts, and I knew I was missing out.  Everyone has a really great perspective that I can learn from, and I appreciate that opportunity.
          I'm leaving for San Diego again on Monday for a week.  Hopefully the sunshine will do me some good, regardless of how much time I'll be spending in class.  Though, that aspect will be nice too; spending time with like minded individuals and furthering my studies in an area that I'm passionate about, sports medicine.
          That's all I have for this week's post.  Till next time.

Comments

Popular Posts