Emotional Scars; AKA. Moving Forward

          While I was away, part of my education was to assess posture.  Something interesting bubbled up from the depths in me when it was my turn to be put under the microscope.  Now, I've done this before in past modules and it never bothered me, but this time was different.  This time when my peers assessed my posture and started to pick apart my imbalances, it got to me at an emotional level. Even though they weren't being malicious, having just my physical faults pointed out made me feel less.  I normally have a very positive body image.  It made me think though about my kung fu, and how I feel performing a form in front of my peers.  That same feeling of being put under a microscope arises; and although it is all for the better and meant to be a growing experience, there is still apart that evokes vulnerability.
          I'm learning to embrace my imperfections more and more, or, maybe it's more accurate to say that the universe is pushing me in that direction quite strongly.  Either way, all of this self reflection is enabling me to work through past issues and heal them so that I may move beyond them.  I failed last time at journaling, and in that failure I made a change that has already started a cascade of events that is leading me to mastery.  Although, at this stage, I think that mastery may not be necessarily in my skills as a student of Kung Fu, but rather mastery of self.
         

Comments

Popular Posts