Digging deeper, but staying open

 We’re often told to dig deeper in our training, but that doesn’t mean getting specific either.  Need to learn to dig deeper while keeping our heart open to possibilities.

I tend to struggle with this.  I find I need a specific to hang onto at first to get my baring before I can start exploring.  Point me in a direction first and then leave me to explore.

There was a couple of spots in my training where I wanted a base intention to get a feeling of what my body should be doing/feeling.  Once I had an understanding, or a possibility, I could then take that and start to play.

I find this is also true in other aspects of my life, like personal exploration.  It’s helpful to talk to someone to get an idea of where you want to explore personally, before you can start doing some of that internal work yourself.  I’ve found Kung Fu has helped me as much, if not more, with my mental health and spiritual growth, as it’s had on my physical health.

Often times when I’m exploring a technique further, it also reflects my mental state.  If I’m struggling then my mind is too rigid.  When I’m in a good place, training opens up and I find it easier to make connections and open new doors.  It goes the other way too, the more I dig deeper in my training, the more open my mind becomes as well.

Comments

Popular Posts